GENERAL VISA REQUIREMENTS
(Kindly note that all documents should be submitted in original as well as one clear photocopy each and additional documents may be required, according to each individual case).
- Visa Application Form, duly completed and signed by the Applicant.
- Two Recent colour photographs, (white back-ground) maximum 3 months old)
- Passport (or previous passports, if any).
- Resident Permit or re-entry stamp in passport for non-Kenyans, valid minimum 3 months after expiry of the visa applied for.
- Birth and/or marriage Certificate may be required where applicable.
- Invitation/proof of purpose of travel.
- Evidence of accommodation in host country (e.g. Hotel reservation, copy of lease agreement/Title deed etc.).
- Certified Assumption of Responsibility for Hosting form duly completed and signed by the host as well as the Cyprus Migration Office.
- A copy of a Bank Guarantee Letter from the host, for the whole duration of a visitors stay in Cyprus, in order to cover the possible costs of repatriation. Bank guarantee letters are issued for the amount of €854 for each visitor and must be certified by the Cyprus Migration office. Uncertified documents will not be accepted.
- Effective from 1st July 2015, Letters of Guarantee should have Validity of 10 years.
- Solid evidence that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the intended stay in Cyprus, i.e. a Bank Statement (Certified original statement of personal accounts for the last three months) and Travellers’ cheques. Credit Cards can be accepted only in addition to Bank Statements and only with recent Statement confirming credit limit together with a name and a phone number of the bank officer handling the account. Please note that Cash is not an acceptable proof.
- Original letter confirming current employment, including information on leave of absence, where applicable.
- If unaccompanied Minor, signed letter of authorization and parental consent and a copy of parent/guardian’s passport.
- All documents must be submitted at the time of the visa application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Cyprus National Visa application fees paid ie, single entry visa – €20, Multiple entry €60 (in Kenya Shillings according to the prevailing exchange rates).
B. In case a Cyprus National Visa is granted, the following must be presented before Issuing the visa:
- Travel insurance, minimum coverage €30,000 (Thirty Thousand Euro).
- Provisional return ticket booking (e-tickets accepted) with fixed dates. You are advised not to purchase ticket before visa is issued.
C. Note for non-Kenyan Nationals:
- All of the above are strictly required, plus;
- Certified photocopy of Resident Permit
- Certified photocopies of re-entry passes
- Certified photocopy of trade licence
- Certified photocopy of receipt of renewal of Trade Licence, where applicable
D. NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS IRRESPECTIVE OF NATIONALITY
- Please note that at least 15 working days are required for processing a Visa Application.
- Visa Forms are to be completed and signed by the Applicant in Person at the consulate premises.
- All visa applications must be accompanied by the appropriate fee which is non-refundable.
- Additional documents may be required according to each individual case.
- Receiving/Internal Verification of documents/Interview of Applicants – 9.00a.m. To 12.30p.m.
- Other consular services to run from Monday to Friday from 9.00a.m.to 12.30pm.; 2.00p.m. To 4.00p.m.
In order to download the relevant application forms, visit:
Our contacts: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: (+254) 020 3882181
P.O. BOX 15916-00509, NAIROBI, KENYA
THE CYPRUS CONSULATE IN NAIROBI DOES NOT ACCEPT VISA APPLICATIONS BY ANY KIND OF MAIL OR PROXY AND ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPEAR IN PERSON AT THE CONSULATE OFFICE FOR A PERSONAL INTERVIEW.